![]() |
| Flying to Bethel |
![]() |
| Sharon, Connie & Me |

It was getting close to 10 am on Saturday as Connie and I
were driving west of 299 headed for Bethel Church. It was a beautiful sunny day filled with
promise. We were headed to our second
and last “Healing Rooms” tingling with anticipation and expectation. Our prayers were bold, powerful and dynamic. We knew we were about to encounter the
Lord. I knew this was a day that could
change my life forever. I was pumped. Arriving at the church we could see that it was more crowded
than the week before. Still buoyant with
the promise of healing for my heart, I walked briskly to the church from the
crowded parking lot. As you enter the
church, they give you a form to fill out about why you are at the Healing
Rooms. We were in group 31. Each group has 10 people, so they already had
over 300 people come for healing.
They have a four part system that moves people through the
Healing Rooms experience. The first stop
is actually in the hallway. There in the
hallway, four prayer ministers meet everyone and begin the “warm up”. They talk to you about healing. Testimonials are given. The ministers give words of knowledge and
seek those that the Lord has put on their heart with a specific ailment. They walk amongst the group giving healing
touch and encouragement. A few people
had at least a partial healing in the hallway.
Physical pain was diminished in some and all were encouraged.
The second step is a waiting room staffed by 6 to 8 prayer
ministers. We were told that there were
70 or 80 prayer ministers ministering that morning. While in this room, one of the ministers
talked about how Jesus heals. The focus
is on the power of healing and who and how Jesus healed. They again have words of knowledge about
health issues. One of the ministers
asked if anyone had a heart issue and I was the only one to stand. I am usually quite reserved about anything
for myself. For anyone else I can be
exuberant but not for myself. Yet this day, my expectations and anticipations
were beginning to soar. The presence of
the Lord was tangible. The ministers
walked around the room praying for those that stood after receiving a word of
knowledge. One of them approached me and
barely touched me. I felt very light and
I was swaying a little. I have only had
one experience with being slain in the spirit.
Others may fall when touched but not me.
Not only did my heart seem better, more whole and more complete but my
hearing was better and the floaters I had in my eyes were gone. All this and we hadn’t gotten to the prayer room yet. My belief level for myself had
never been this high. I rarely seek
anything for myself so this was a new experience. A number of people in this room were either
healed or better when we moved to the sanctuary to await being called to the
prayer room.
![]() |
| Sanctuary |
In the sanctuary the praise and worship band was performing
and artists were painting. The chairs
are arranged in large circles and you sit and absorb the presence of the Lord
while waiting to be called. You pray
quietly and ministers walk around touching people. It is a very serene and peaceful place. Shortly though we were called to the prayer
room.
The prayer room has 2 rows of chairs on one wall as you
enter. You sit down and wait for the
prayer ministers to come to you. They
are in teams of 3 or 4 ministers. People
were getting selected all around me. I
was wondering when it would be my turn.
Finally someone came and got me and I was lifted once again. Three of the prayer ministers from the
waiting room were to pray for me. They
are among the most experienced and anointed.
They all laid hands on me and began to pray. A deep peace and knowing came over me. I felt I was being healed, healed from more
than the physical. I sensed that the
emotional and spiritual were being touched as well. It was a sweet and beautiful time for
me. I felt very very close to the Lord. I knew that I was being healed.
![]() |
| 24 hour Prayer Room |
I met Connie over by the chairs after our prayers and she
could see the radiance and light upon me.
She was touched by my countenance.
We were among the last to receive prayer and the ministers were
gathering in the center to share the miracles of the day with everyone. We stayed and listened to the many
testimonies, some of them quite remarkable.
Then they gathered the guests in the middle of the room, about 30 of us
for an impartation from God. Connie and
I stood with this group and watched as one after another of our fellow guests
were touched and given an impartation.
Then John Saltekoff entered the center of the group and started laying
hands on people. They would begin to
laugh and then they were slain in the spirit falling gently to the floor. He walked among the crowd and one after
another they fell to the floor until just Connie, myself and 2 others were left
standing. The other two had received an
impartation but remained standing. We
moved closer to John hoping to get a touch to top off a very remarkable
day. Instead he looked right at me and
waved as he left the room.
In all my years since I accepted the Lord as my Savior I
have never been upset or angry with Him, but it ended that day in the Healing Rooms of Bethel. We had traveled far in
obedience to come to Bethel. Connie had
simply wanted a touch, an anointing, an impartation that day. As I looked around, people were laying all
over the floor. You had to be careful
not to step on anyone. In the sanctuary
I believe the Lord gave me two visions for my sweetheart. Every time I have received a vision of this
type they happened quickly and yet these two were unfulfilled. For over three years God had given me a
vision of healing for Connie. In fact I
had always seen her as healed. The Lord
would show me her progress toward real freedom many times. It was slow but steady. Here we had traveled so far and on our last
time at the Healing Rooms I felt abandoned and rejected. Out of all the people in the room Connie and
me were the only ones not touched. I was
angry and hurt.
For the remainder of Saturday I didn’t want to pray or talk
about God. I felt completely
deflated. The events of the day which
had showed such promise simply melted from my memory. A grumpy man replaced the loving believer I
was earlier. Connie didn’t know what to
do with me. She had never seen me like
this. As the day progressed she was able
to minister to me a little and I allowed her to say a short prayer over
me. I was very discouraged and sad. As we prepared to retire for the night I told
her I would take her to church in the morning but I wasn’t certain I would
attend the service.
Sunday mornings at Bethel are crowded. If you want a seat you need to get there 45
minutes before the service. I dropped
Connie at the door so she could get in line for us. I then went in pursuit of a parking spot and
thankfully found one of the last two far from the sanctuary. I had decided to go to church and see what,
if anything, God would do. At this point
I was still hurt and could have easily walked completely away from God. Shortly after I joined Connie in line, the
doors opened and we moved quickly into the sanctuary to get a good seat, we
hoped. As quick as we were, we were
still 2/3 of the way back from the stage.
As we were waiting for the service to start, I noticed that John, the
man that had waved at me in the prayer room was 4 rows from us. I had noticed him but he hadn’t seen me. Just as well he probably wouldn’t have
remembered me anyway. Why would he?
![]() |
| John & Sharon Saltekoff |
John arose and proceeded toward the back of the sanctuary
coming toward us. As he got to our row,
he stopped and said he woke up at 4 in the morning with our faces on his mind
and he prayed for us. He said that when he awoke for the day that we were still
on his mind and he continued to pray. We
asked him about the prayer room and John said he could see the anointing on us
but that God had said not to come to us or touch us as we were to observe all
that was happening. He told us that the
Lord had never left us or left us out.
He had singled us out though – to observe. Neither Connie nor I quite understood
this. John continued to minister over us
for a short while but he had to return to helping people as he is an
usher.
As Connie and I sat down, we looked at each other and
smiled. We gave each other a big
hug. Still uncertain about what had
transpired in the prayer room on Saturday, we were not uncertain about what
had just happened. This wonderful
gentleman, John, had asked the Lord for the opportunity to see us on Sunday
morning and there we were four rows from him.
The praise and worship was wonderful and the service was a
salute to Bill and Beni Johnson for 20 years of ministry at Bethel. It was a rare opportunity to see this
beautiful couple remember the beginning, the challenges, the glories, the
victories and the wonder of it all. The
service closed and Connie and I went to the front for more prayer. We felt like we should get as much as we
could before we returned home. As we
turned and walked up the aisle John, our angel in disguise, was waiting. For the next 20 to 30 minutes he and his wife
Sharon, ministered to us and prayed for us.
They gave us their testimony and shared the glory of God with us. They had prophetic words, mostly for Connie :-), and sweet words of
encouragement. Twenty four hours before
we were terribly hurt because we felt abandon and rejected. Now we stood with the very man that we simply
wanted a touch from and he ministered to us for almost 30 minutes. We got far more from him on Sunday than we
would have gotten on Saturday.
Refreshed but still wondering about the events of Saturday
visions came to me. In one I saw a large
number of metal flakes. I then saw a
large magnet come and gather them all together and heard the Lord say, “these
metal flakes are the hurts of abandonment and rejection that you have felt your
entire lives. Yesterday, you felt the
magnitude of these hurts in the prayer room.
Today every binding to them is broken for you have seen that I have
never and will never abandon you. In
fact, I prepare a way for you even when you are unaware and not expecting
it. Yesterday you climbed the mighty
mountain of faith and belief only to fall into the deep valley of despair and
anger. This morning I took you to the
highest peak you have ever attained. I
couldn’t do it with a heart still filled with so much hurt from abandonment and
rejection. So I brought all the hurts
together in one moment of horrible sensation, so that your heart would be
broken enough for Me to resurrect it.
Mark this day as a day of freedom, freedom from the pain of abandonment
and rejection.”
As we were driving down the hill from Bethel, God gave me
another vision. There are many light
poles lining the drive. In the vision He
showed me that the light poles cannot stand the force of wind unless they have
piers that are very deep. In fact the
light pole can withstand almost any wind if the piers (roots) are deep and
strong enough. He showed me that the
events of the past two days have dramatically deepened and strengthened our
spiritual roots. He showed me that as we
move more fully into our calling that we would need deep strong roots to stand
against the winds of the enemy.
This 24 plus hours was as dramatic as any I have ever
experienced with the Lord. I was so up
and high filled with grace, mercy and expectations only to be beaten and thrown
into the valley of despair with little desire to leave. The Lord then gently drew me up and
wonderfully and magnificently opened my eyes to His way and His plan. It was not a plan to tear me up but one to
break what needed to be broken so that He could reshape me more into His image. It can be difficult to remember that we are
the clay and not the potter. True belief
is always knowing who the potter is and that from time to time He will need to
reshape the clay for a better way, a better time, a more perfect future with
Him.








What a beautiful description of your growing relationship with God, with disappointment and promise, and coming to a realisation of what he has promised for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment. Hopefully you were encouraged as well. Blessings to you!
Delete